Support Services and Fair Usage Policy
1.1. CoolCare Ltd. (“CoolCare”) encourages customers to take full advantage of our excellent Support Services team. CoolCare strives to make sure all of our customers get the best out of the software and assists them in doing so in every way CoolCare’s team reasonably can.
1.2. Please refer to our Customer Service Policy to read about Customer Support Standards and response times.
2.1. All interpretations included in the CoolCare Software Subscription Agreement shall apply to the following policy.
2.2. “Inclusive Support Services” means those services provided by the CoolCare Support Services team which are included within CoolCare’s standard licence, pursuant to Clause 6.4 of CoolCare’s terms and conditions. Section 3 of this policy outlines the remit of access, type of service and nature of request that is included within these services.
3. Inclusive Support Services
3.1. CoolCare Support Services can be accessed via email on email@example.com or by telephone on 0113 385 3853 and, for CoolCare4 users, the online chat service, during normal business hours 09:00-17:00 Monday – Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
3.2. Inclusive Support Services are provided by the CoolCare Support Services Team to its Authorised Users free of charge.
3.3. The Support Services Team may be assisted by other teams, including Training and Customer Success, as deemed appropriate by CoolCare, to deliver Inclusive Support Services.
3.4. Inclusive Support Services are defined as support for technical issues relating to the use of CoolCare software, hardware and services. This can be defined as including:
- Technical queries and advice
- Processing service requests
- Processing hardware orders
- Product configuration advice
3.5. Access to Inclusive Support Services is restricted to reasonable and fair usage as defined in section 4 of this policy.
3.6. The Customer is responsible for any costs relating to network charges for calls to the CoolCare Support Line or mobile data usage.
3.7. Any services expressly excluded or omitted from Inclusive Support Services are not included within the licence fee. These services may be available from the Support Services team but will be chargeable. CoolCare reserves the right to limit access to these services. Availability of non-inclusive Support Services may change from time to time.
4. Fair Usage of Support Services
4.1. CoolCare’s operates under a Fair Usage Policy of Inclusive Support Services to ensure that customers are receiving fair and equal quality support from our team.
4.2. Support Services or Customer Success advice and assistance cannot be used in lieu of CoolCare training or development work. Doing so prevents our Support Services Team from providing vital support to other customers.
4.3. Where a Customer query is identified as a request for a non-inclusive support service, the Customer will be quoted for the service in line with CoolCare’s then current prices.
4.4. Unless agreed otherwise between CoolCare and the Customer, the following services are considered non-inclusive services:
- Project management
- Database amendments or deletion
- Out of hours support
- Any other services outside the definition of Inclusive Support Services
5. Training Services
5.1. Where a customer query is identified as a training need, as opposed to an inclusive support services need, this is considered to be unfair usage and will be referred to the Training Team:
- A training need is defined as any query which requires explanation of how to use the software beyond what can reasonably be considered a clarification, suggestion or reminder; or
- Any query that will require phone or online support of over 15 minutes to explain, which is not a technical fault or forms part of a wider troubleshooting query which requires the Support Services Team’s technical help or guidance is also considered a training need.
5.2. Call times and Customer Support tickets are monitored. Heavy volume customers may be referred to the Customer Success Team to review usage and training needs.
5.3. CoolCare Trainers are available to provide online or on-site training at competitive rates. All Customers are required to undertake a minimum number of training days as part of the CoolCare installation process;
- The minimum number of training days required upon installation of CoolCare will be dependent on the Customer’s number of subscriptions and requirements;
- CoolCare will advise the Customer of the minimum number of training days required ahead of installation.
5.4. It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that Authorised Users within their group have received adequate training and that training is kept up to date throughout the period of the Customer’s CoolCare subscription.
- To keep training up to date and maintain best practice in CoolCare software usage, CoolCare recommends that the Customer provides all new Authorised Users with CoolCare training upon appointment and that all Authorised Users receive refresher training at least annually.
6. Development Services
6.1. The Support Services Team are able to provide some basic technical database support.
6.2. Any Customer request or query which requires support which goes beyond a reasonable request for technical troubleshooting is considered a development service and will be chargeable at the development daily rate.
6.3. Development work will be passed to the development team to estimate the feasibility and time involved to complete the work.
6.4. CoolCare will quote the Customer based on the development team’s estimates. Development work will only commence upon agreement with the Customer.
6.5. Development work includes but is not limited to:
- Any split, merge or change to the structure of customers’ databases.
- Any unique changes to the interface or back-end databases.
- The introduction of any software feature or hardware compatibility only available to a small number of customers.
6.6. Where development work is requested that would be of benefit to the larger customer base, this will be considered as part of CoolCare’s development release plan.
Date reviewed: 22.06.21
Reviewer: Fiona Hale, Managing Director; Mike Heckman, Support Services Supervisor