Join Our Team!
CoolCare has a vibrant and passionate team. You’ll feel the energy in the office as soon as you walk through the door! It’s a place where people take pride in what they do and get satisfaction from making a difference to our customers’ working lives. That’s who we want in our team. Like-minded people who care about what they do, show great skill and want to keep on developing.
Are you a motivated individual looking for a new opportunity in software development? CoolCare currently has a position available for a Senior Developer to join our dynamic team.
What our peeps say they like about working at CoolCare:
- Super passionate team
- Sharing the same goal of making CoolCare4 the very best
- Providing our customers with a great experience
- All ideas are welcome
- No two days are the same
- Freedom to continuously improve
- Knowing that we are benefiting care homes across the country
- Positive working environment and the can-do attitude
- Surrounded by a motivated development team
What we are looking for:
- You are a creative individual and interested in exploring and continually learning new ideas.
- You are not content to leave things as they are.
- You want to do things the right way even if it’s not the easiest.
- Strong communication skills, particularly in a team environment.
- You’ve developed software using Agile methodologies and are familiar with TDD, BDD and Pair Programming practices to name a few.
- You have used a Web Application framework such as Rails, ASP.NET MVC, Spring MVC.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in DevOps practices
- Exposure to front end frameworks such as Vue.js
- Experience mentoring other team members
- Exposure to the Care sector
The Joel Test
- Do we use source control? Yes
- Can we make a build in one step? Yes
- Do we make daily builds? Yes
- Do we have a bug database? Yes
- Do we fix bugs before writing new code? Yes
- Do we have an up-to-date schedule? Yes
- Do we have a spec? Yes
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions? Yes
- Do we use the best tools money can buy? Yes
- Do we have testers? Yes
- Do new candidates write code during their interview? Yes
- Do we do hallway usability testing? No
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary dependent on experience. Please enquire for more details. Main benefit? Awesome colleagues and a fun place to work.
We pop our candidates through a two-stage interview process. First is a face-to-face or telephone interview. Following that is a Pair Programming session, during which you’ll be writing a small application.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org