CoolCare4 – Free Usage During COVID-19
CoolCare is offering free software to care homes during the pandemic.
Care homes are being offered free care home management software to help their head office staff access resident and staff records remotely by CoolCare. The offer comes in reaction to the Government’s requirement of remote working during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As care home operators make urgent plans to maintain business continuity, this free offer will provide an easy way to assist the running of core business processes as remotely as possible. The software will be provided for free for three months, whilst Government recommendations of self-isolation remain in place.
CoolCare4 software is cloud based and so can be switched on remotely with the operator’s data uploaded from a spreadsheet. As CoolCare4 is accessible through a website, it means providers whose head office staff do not have work laptops can access data through their work phones or personal devices, if necessary. During this time of lock-down, it will reduce the number of staff who need to be office-based as well as reducing the need to access intranets and paper records. It will also enable senior managers to continue to keep up to date with their care homes’ performance.
The free offer from CoolCare is a basic version of the CoolCare4 system. It includes essential elements of its system and support services, which will enable an operator to continue core business functions. Features include enquiry/occupancy management, resident invoicing and staff records to monitor training, appraisal and relevant pre-start checks. The more advanced features of the software such as T&A and rostering, for example, are excluded.
*Terms of offer: The following special conditions apply to customers who take the free basic plan:
- The basic plan will remain free for up to 12 weeks for customers who sign up from date of release (24/03/2020) ending on 16/06/2020, in line with the Government’s isolation guidance.
- If Government advice extends beyond this period, CoolCare may extend the free offer, depending on service demand and ensuring continuity of service for our paying customers. Any extension will be expressly communicated.
- 30 days prior to the end of the free period (on or after 15/05/2020), customers on the free basic plan will be given 30 days’ notice, during which they can either move to the standard service or terminate.
- Any customers who have not informed us of their intention to move to a standard package will be automatically terminated at the end of the 30 day period. Their data will be returned and deleted from our databases in line with our standard Terms and Conditions.
- The basic plan includes email support only. Customers will not be permitted to access inbound telephone or online support. Should customers wish to utilise this service they can do so by upgrading to the standard plan.
- To purchase time and attendance hardware and training, basic plan customers will need to upgrade to the standard plan which is chargeable at £3.70 per registered bed per month.
- The standard plan is offered on a month rolling contract. Customers can upgrade at any time and can cancel with 30 days written notice.